Finally went to my first Rockstar Energy Mayhem Fest and it was insane! ;)
Some bands that I saw and enjoyed we're Upon A Burning Body, White Chapel, Asking Alexandria, and The Devil Wears Prada. The best performances were from Slayer and Slipknot!
I didn't really like some of the crowds at the smaller stages, some people just stood there(boring...), but maybe it was because they didn't know the other bands since I assume a lot of people just came to see Slayer or Slipknot. However, when they opened the pavilion with the main stage it was insane! Super large crowd, supposedly the biggest crowd they've ever had in Mayhem history. I was in the front center of the lawn and I was getting pushed into the rope barricades.
Highlights of the night:
The mayhem during Slayer's whole set and the insane guy next to me pretending to play air guitar and yelling "hail Satan" the whole time.
When Corey Taylor from Slipknot said you've heard the legends and myths and told everyone to get the fuck down. I had no idea what he was talking about. Then he told everyone to jump at his signal. So fucking dope!
When The Devil Wears Prada was doing a signing and I got a semi-close view of Mike Hranica's sexy self, but then some big girl came and ruined my view.
And right when I came into the venue this ginger head/beard Johnny Craig look alike totally shoulders me in the face. He looks back at me with a confused face, I laugh, he laughs. He then says "sorrrryyyyy, I'm drunk."
Ahhhh how I love Mayhem ;)....
I'm posting some pics of the crowd at Slayer and Slipknot. Some I found off instagram, enjoy ;)...
also am attaching a vid I found of YouTube of Slipknot performing heretic anthem ;). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqFPUbm4Xgs&feature=youtube_gdata_player





No comments:
Post a Comment