Thursday, July 5, 2012

All Hope Is Gone.

I decided to do a sketch of Slipknot's drummer Joey Jordison. It is dedicated to my nephew because after Mayhem Fest, he asked me how was it and if I recorded anything. I showed him a video of Slipknot and he asked "who's that guy with the horns on the poster?" Lmao I told him it was Satan. Then I asked him if he wanted to go to a concert and he replied "uhmm yeah but not this one, to see a different band." I think I scared him ha!

Well I just saw this portrait of Joey Jordison online and thought it was rad so I decided to sketch it. First time drawing a portrait of someone wearing a mask. Still a lot of emotions and expressions to convey!

Here's a tribute video I found of Slipknot and their song All Hope Is Gone. There is video footage, pictures, and some quirky comments. Pretty cool to see all the different mask each member wears.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxSIfH__EPE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments:

Post a Comment