Thursday, June 28, 2012

The prettiest girl in the mirror is me.

"The prettiest girl in the mirror is me, but will I still be pretty when there's no one there to see?" -Medusa, Clash Of The Titans

Just posting up some older drawings I did of Medusa. Thinking about making them into shirts since I have a hobby screen printing kit ha!

So we all know that Medusa is a gorgon and you're not supposed to look directly at her or else you'll turn to stone, but how'd she get that way you ask?

Well I quickly looked up the answer on Yahoo and people said it's because she was committing sexual acts in Athena's temple with Poseidon. Greek Gods are known to rape, so whether Medusa was raped or not I guess it doesn't matter. Since Athena is a virgin and a model of self-control she punished Medusa into becoming a gorgon for her offensive misconduct.

There's other variations, so let me know what other stories you've heard about it! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment