This post is going to be me rambling and reminiscing about my wonderful time at Van's Warped Tour this year in San Francisco! And posting a few pics of PTV!
My day started off at 6:30AM, had to wake up super early to get ready and be at the Caltrain before the train arrived at 8:00AM. Some of my friends met at my house and we made an alcoholic concoction(Bicardi, V8 Splash, and Tropical Kool Aid) to put in water bottles as our refreshments on the Caltrain. We also packed PBR's ;)
Well guess what? We took too long being fake bartenders and arrived at the Caltrain parking lot right at 8 and missed our train! So we had to wait until 9. Didn't arrive until SF until 1045. Didn't get inside Warped until 12:45! The line was ridiculously long! Over 20,000 people, insanity.
So what do you do when you're in line? Oh, you know just try to cut and complain with your friends about how long the line is! We were pretty buzzed, so the wait seemed shorter in our demented minds than actual time in reality.
You also check your favorite bands twitter so you know their set time! So while in line I read that Of Mice & Men were playing at 1:05! I almost soiled my pants in anxiety, but right when I got past security my friend and I ran to their stage and pushed our way towards the front! We made it just in time and the band came out right away, and the mayhem and moshing was immediate. Freaking loved every second of it! I've only seen them play twice so far, but definitely one of my favorite bands and live performers! I also love their crowd and fans, very intense and so much energy.
I think crowds are very influential on your experience at a show, I mean how are you going to have fun if you're in a crowd that just stands around? I'd rather risk getting socked in the face by some sweaty dude just because it's more fun, exciting, and energetic ;).
Fast forward. So of course one of the bands I was most anxious to watch was Pierce The Veil! I had never seen them live. I made a poster(in my previous post titled Los Pierce The Veils), and was hoping to give it to them as a gift at their meet and greet. Well what do you know? You needed a ticket to the meet and greet and they ran out! I still waited next to their tent to see them come out and greet other fans. I hopped on top of a water jug they used to hold down tents and held up my poster and screamed like a psychopath.
Did it get their attention? Maybe; I don't know if they were being polite and giving their full attention to the fans they were meeting or just purposely ignoring me because I looked like a crazy ass. I did get the attention of a person who had a ticket though. She came up to me and offered to sell it for $10. Little girl trying to hustle and make money off of something that's supposed to be free...anyways before I could respond this 5 year old comes and swoops up on my offer! What a jerk! Anyways I wasn't going to fight with a little boy, I hope he enjoyed meeting PTV because I kind of don't enjoy my kindness for letting him steal my ticket offer ha.
So I just had to wait until the meet and greet was over to give them my poster. When it ended, the band started walking away with their security and your crew. My friends told me to run up to them, so I did! I caught up to Vic and someone was escorting him. I got on the other side and shrugged his shoulders a couple of times until he turned back. I said "Can I give this to you?" and handed him the poster. He smiled and said "This is for me?" and I said "Yes, I made it for the band." he said "What is it?" I said "Just look at it!" And started walking away like an idiot! I was so nervous and scared for bothering him because I knew they were in a hurry to get ready for their set. As I walked away, I saw him unrolling the poster and he turned around and said thanks! I wish I would've kept following him until he opened the poster instead of fleeing like a scared idiot! *Sigh the feeling of regret* I wish I could've just got some feedback as to whether he liked it or not. Oh well there will be other opportunities to meet him and the band again. I'm on a PTV high though, I keep reliving the short moment I had with Vic ;).
Fast forward again. Their set was freaking amazing! They played right after Taking Back Sunday(who were awesome too). Right when they came out the energy was insane! Crowd was elbow to elbow, so squished, could barely move! Still attempted to jump and dance and sing as loud and crazy as I could! Bulletproof love was a highlight, the whole crowd was jumping up and down, amazing. I'm definitely planning to go to their next US headlining tour whenever that is.
Just going to end this blog with some highlights of bands I saw:
PTV - Their whole set was amazing and Vic smiled and thanked me! *melting inside*
TBS - last song of their set was Make Damn Sure! Everyone got into it and was singing along. Perfecto!
Of Mice & Men - Right when I got though security clearance and entered the venue, ran to their set and got moshed on and shoved back and forth. I miss that human ocean of swaying bodies.
The Used - Enough said.
Motionless In White - first time seeing them, they sound and look great live. They had a huge crowd, but the people next to me we're just standing around. BORING, probably needed to get closer to the front and center. Nonetheless, I love them and they are still great live.
Saw/heard other bands too like Yellowcard, We The Kings, You Me At Six, everyone sounded great. Can I just relive Warped again, pretty please?




No comments:
Post a Comment