![]() |
| "Hear my soul speak. Of the very instant that I saw you, Did my heart fly at your service." - From The Tempest by Shakespeare |
"Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration. Hummingbirds open our eyes to the wonder of the world and inspire us to open our hearts to loved ones and friends. Like a hummingbird, we aspire to hover and to savor each moment as it passes, embrace all that life has to offer and to celebrate the joy of everyday. The hummingbird's delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning, and that laughter is life's sweetest creation." -instagram user: skinavu
I also heard from another friend(he has a sammarai hummingbird tattoo) that in Aztec culture(or something...) believed that their warriors were reincarnated as hummingbirds, which I think is pretty cool.
And just a random fact from what I learned in my organismal biology class is that they belong to the order Apodiformes along with swifts(the fastest birds). Hummingbirds are highly adaptive with their long beaks so that they can reach the nectar of certain flowers, and their wings move in a figure 8 so that they can fly in place.
I also just included that quote from Shakespeare because it sounds so sweet. I never read The Tempest though, so who knows if it's really sweet or not ha.

No comments:
Post a Comment