Just decided to post up some day of the dead art that I've done just because I'm obsessed with that type of art. Most people are fearful of death but in some areas such as Mexico or Tibet death is celebrated and recognized as part of the life cycle.
Like Tupac said in one of his DVD's "At most death is heaven, at least it's just nothing, quiet, peaceful..." I probably didn't quote him right, but I couldn't find the exact quote online. You can hear him talk about death for yourself in a documentary called Tupac - Ressurection. Very interesting DVD, one of my favorites. You can buy it off
Amazon.
 |
| A recent sketch I did. I love flowy hair, and flowers. |
 |
| There are tons of dead Marilyn Monroe art. Just decided to practice sketching and sketched something similar to what I saw online. |
 |
| Did something more fun with this. Used ink, and put a day of the dead twist on a portrait of The Virgin Mary. The writing says "My Pretty Face Is Going To Hell." Decided to use that quote after watching a HIM - Gone with the Sin video on YouTube. Ville Valo's jacket said "Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell," and that title is a Stooges song as well. Check out HIM's awesome performance here! |
 |
| Just a painting I started working on. Will post up the aftermath in a later blog! It's on a decent size canvas around 4ft x 2.5ft. Ehh... I'm not really good as guessing measurements. Can't wait to hang it on my wall when I move to LA. UCLA baby! |
No comments:
Post a Comment