Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Understandings.

I don't mind it
I don't mind if you're overrated
Or if you're staring at the edge of the world
But keep in mind that I'm a sore eye with blurry vision
But I can see, yeah it has to be you love
That I've been dreaming of
and if we climb this high
I swear we'll never die




I do not own those lyrics! All credit goes to the awesome band Of Mice & Men! I just love their song My Understandings so I decided to do a sketch of a girl gazing with blurry vision.

If you click on the link above, you can read other peoples' interpretations of what the song means. I think the song is about unconditional love. One person is saying that they recognize the other person's flaws, but doesn't let that get in the way of loving them. The person also recognizes flaws within themselves stating that they are a sore eye with blurry vision. That is probably my favorite line in the song because of the physical and symbolic representation of blurry vision. On the surface he's stating his flaws, and that he doesn't see everything perfectly. Symbolically, he's stating that he overcomes those flaws with love. He's so pure with his love, that he intuitively knows that that's the person he's been dreaming of, and needs to be with.

Check out the song My Understandings here. If you really love them, check them out on the Van's Warped Tour this Summer! They're going to be on the main stage all Summer! I'll be at the show in Pomona this year at the end of June! I recently saw them at Extreme Thing in Vegas, and they are fucking dope, you will not be disappointed!
Here's a picture that I took of Austin Carlile, the vocalist of Of Mice & Men during Extreme Thing. Don't you just want to watch them live now??


No comments:

Post a Comment